COVID-19: CDF Canada’s response
At the Co-operative Development Foundation of Canada, we are sensitive to growing concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19) and the way it may impact our people and operations. Effective March 16, 2020, we are implementing strict measures to ensure the health and safety of our employees and reduce the risk of potential transmission in our operations.
Measures that will be undertaken immediately, include:
- CDF Canada Ottawa-based employees are transitioning to a work from home arrangement until April 6, 2020, at which time we will reassess the situation. Staff can be reached by email and telephone and will observe regular working hours;
- CDF Canada field staff will observe local in-country regulations and advice from relevant public authorities. Operational country office practices will be reassessed based on in-country COVID-19 developments;
- CDF Canada volunteers and consultants are being given the option to reschedule travel and return to Canada;
- All Canada-originating international and domestic travel has been postponed for an indefinite period, in line with recommendations issued by Canadian authorities. Travel needs will be reassessed in light of the evolving COVID-19 situation in Canada and overseas;
- Staff participation in events, workshops, conferences and other external engagements has been cancelled until further notice;
- Project-related training activities, workshops, conferences and other events, scheduled in field locations, will be reassessed based on the specific in-country COVID-19 situation and operational capabilities on the ground;
- CDF Canada is implementing operational contingency measures to ensure that project implementation schedules and priorities are readjusted.